Friday, February 17, 2006

Really cold Winter arrived!!


The last couple of days have been nothing but winter temps and climate. Thursday it did the rain, snow/rain, thunder snow mix most of the day. That evening it then turned to cold. Today took yesterday's cold and turned it to freezing cold temps. Have I mentioned I great it is not to leave the house in these temps?! No? Well let me tell you how cool it's been.

I've been able to take my time doing anything I want. I get my back cracked twice a week, take naps-like today-when I want, watch whatever I want when I want to, surf the net, read email, chat a bit with friends and read a ton of mag articles.

Most of what I've been watching the Olympics and old movies. I just have to say that the US athletes, in various areas of competition, are being a little to arrogant. It's not like they have the Gold medal already around their neck or the race is a shoe-in so I think the athletes need to remember that anyone can win the race. Some athletes are humble, realize they are good and it's a race until the very end. Just my opinion.

On budget Movie Tuesday, I finally saw Narnia. That is very much like the book and the anime I watched when I was little. The only thing that I was hoping to be like the anime was the Aslan/table cracking scene. I just wasn't feeling the sadness that should have been projected from the actors. Otherwise it was a really great film.

Couple of films that are on the way, if you didn't see the promos -
Miami Vice. Yes they have turned the legendary TV show into a movie. Good news - Don Johnson is not reprising his role as Crockett.
UltraViolet is also coming (picture above). Seems like an interesting version of Blade.
Sequel to Ice Age will be available this year as well. I think it will be adorable like the first one. Everyone is coming back to their original roles and there will be new characters too. Leno, Seann William Scott and Queen Latifah should help the pack make more laughs.

Next Friday is a night at Planet. My friend Jen will be celebrating her birthday. She says she'll be working but I know better. We'll also be getting there a bit earlier to have a drink or two before the crowd kicks in with all their fun and energy. So if there is nothing on the tube or going on, stop on over for some giggles.

What is your favorite late night show? Letterman? Leno? Craig Ferguson?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home