Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Death of a star

Just learned this morning that actor Chris Penn died yesterday in his home. It's too bad that he's gone. I found him pretty funny in Starsky and Hutch in the towel scene.

Since being off, it's been a ton of fun doing whatever I want whenever I want, I was able to head to Chicago last week Wednesday with my friend Jen. She had to go down for work, some buyer market trade show thing going on, so she wanted some company. I went since it wasn't going to cost much to be down there. I couldn't have been more wrong. Thursday early evening, Jen and I went to Starbucks to wait for our friend to finish work.

While chatting away at Starbucks, debit card, driver's license and other cards were stolen out of my purse. The person just reached in and grabbed the stash. So after canceling everything Friday and Saturday, getting replacements hasn't been so bad. I thought the experience would be more tragic but it hasn't been yet.

The bank actually noticed the odd transactions and put a hold on the card right away. However, Capitol One waited until I reported the card stolen before calling me about the fraudulent charges. Must be rocket scientist working there. Yikes! Now I just have to wait about two months to see if identity theft took place. Good thing I printed my credit report in December. (hint: you should probably get yours before something bad happens or to prevent something bad happening.)

Other news: the company I used to work for let go another 10 folks. I hear there will be more head chopping to come. Not cool. Especially since they were touting how well they were doing in 2k5. They even purchased one 41" or 42" plasma TV and one 45" plasma LCD for the office lobby and break room, respectively. I say sell the useless equipment. They have a satellite connection so of course, yesterday it was completely useless. Then again when it snowed it was useless too. I know cause I was about the only one that would turn the LCD and try to watch some show during my free hour.

Still looking for a job but not too worried just yet. Actually the cats get a bit upset when I'm gone even for a couple of hours. It's really cute. They have been really adorable.

If your feeling up to it, hit Planet this Friday and join my on the dance floor or at one of the stools near the bar.

Well enjoy your day at your crummy job, cause I'm enjoying my relaxing/nap time. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger technician said...

Sounds like money should be free...

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like money should be free...

7:58 AM  
Blogger Johnny Mack said...

still enjoyin the time off. Nice!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home