Thursday, January 06, 2011

Mom Movie Date NIght

Had a movie mom date last night and we went to see County Strong. I'm not one for Country music but this was actually a good movie.

It's centered around a rising star(Garrett Hedlund) that connects with a falling country star(Gwyenth Paltrow) in rehab. They all do their own singing so that is nice reality to it. Now I thought this is the breakout role for Garrett but he has been in other movies that I've seen. I just didn't realize it was him which is very nice. If you check out the link above then you will probably have seen him too. I know if you are reading this you have-Troy and Tron: Legacy.

Garrett's portrayal in here is heartwarming. I believe it's his tenor/bass voice that will win most women over, if his hazel eyes don't first. Local radio station DJ stated that he trained with/taught by Tim McGraw, if that is true then he is a great guitar and Country-way teacher. He needs to start teaching classes. However, from what I saw in this movie, I would love to see more of him in movies. He had a solo in this movie that I did and didn't like. What I liked about it is that I wanted to see more of it. I feel we should have seen more of his character. It would have showed more in the relationship between his rehabbed wife.

Tim McGraw does a great job in here but I believe his best scenes are probably on the cutting room floor. I predict that he will have a movie career like Will Smith. I would say Tom Cruise but I doubt he will be jumping on Oprah's couch taunting his love for someone. When he dances with Kelly it shows how the two characters can come together for a moment but the moment can pass quicker than you think. It can also show how so much of a situation can came between you and be too much to handle/deal with at the same time.

Men take note when Beau answers the door in a towel with the girl he likes is on the other side. If we are there, we don't want to say what needs to be said necessarily but asking us what we want a few times before kissing us can get you a prize.

I know Gwyenth sang at the Country Music Awards and was a big hit; however, Garrett will probably be dinned by Record companies. The soundtrack will probably do very well. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the songs become hits on Country and Pop charts. Gwyenth does a duet with Huey Lewis or something and it is not bad. I wouldn't say it's a hit but does give her creditability then again it doesn't hurt that she's married to someone that is in the music business-Chris Martin/Coldplay.

I haven't given too much of the movie away but hope those that read this go to see it and purchase the soundtrack. It will be a high grossing movie, songs will be hits and will rocket some one's career or two.

Next adventure is the C2E2 in Chicago's McCormick Place. If you can be there, I say do it. It's a blast if you like Comic books.

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Mack said...

Sounds like a pretty decent flick. I am curious and thinking about seeing it as some point. Probably Netflicks though....

8:13 AM  
Anonymous be naughty said...

Really Johnny Sounds like a pretty and Innocent..
Thanks for sharing with us.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home